View Single Post
Old 01-18-2011, 05:28 PM   #3
yorkiegirl2
YT 2000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by misslissa View Post
Some of you may know I'm looking into getting a second dog for my brother and sister who are 11 and 17 We are actually looking into rescue right now but before i contacted a pug breeder(this is what my 17 year old sister wants) and Due to my lack of knowledge on the breed I decided to pass well the breeder must have forgot i was no longer interested in a puppy because she sent me an e-mail today telling me that
"there would be no puppies this cycle because the female and male scheduled to breed simply wear not interested in each other"
I thought breeding was instinct and a male was always interested in a female in heat.
she went on to say she placed them together on the second day of the cycle and they wear avoiding each other so her husband and her sat down to "help" and the male would still not tie with her.

I liked this lady because the females live with her and the males with her daughter (two of each) so they all can have free reign of the house and zero chance of accident. This news however deeply confuses me can anyone shed some light on it. oh and the last time the male breed was this past summer the last time for the female was this time last year.
Yes, it is possible for some dogs to not be interested in each other .
I had a female who hated one male and would not let him around her
during breeding time but she would let another male do the deed.
Sometimes the only way to get a breeding done when 2 dogs do not like
each other is to do an A.I.
yorkiegirl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!