View Single Post
Old 01-18-2011, 01:23 PM   #6
Breezeaway
No Longer a Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salembev View Post
Under Vet Care and when the timing was right, our two spoiled and beloved Yorkies mated resulting in five puppies on the day after Thanksgiving. We had expert help with their in home delivery and NO problems. Mommy Zoie was amazing and so was daddy Zack. I really expected we would have two, even three and was set to see all neutered at a future date. When the Vet said five - floored me, though I was excited. Please note the event was well researched, prepared for and planned for and a lot of expert advice. We have the room, resources, and time, and now that the puppies will soon be 8 weeks, I am getting so attached - we all are. What would you advise me to do. Zack and Zoie are purebred and the puppies are beautiful. I refused to have their tails docked which is against AKC - I do have one CKC registered. If I do sell any puppies, I only want them to go to good homes (not before 12 weeks) and do not wish to advertise. I am not a breeder and do not want to be. I am asking if anyone can give me a list of questions (I have many) but I am looking for other to ask potential human families the puppies might consider owning. I am legit - you can check my blog and website (antiques and writing). Just remember - I want to do right for my Yorkies - and I really do want to keep them all - so tell me why I shouldn't too!
Thanks
Bev
Only you can decide if you want to keep them or not. You will find yourself getting more and more attached as the weeks go by.

Here are Some Questions you might ask of potential homes :

How long they have lived at their current address?
The name and number of their veterinarian.
How many other dogs do they own?
Have they ever owned a yorkie?
Children in the house? What ages?
Where would the puppy spend his/her days and nights?
Is someone home during the day at your house?
Please describe the living situation for the puppy.
How many hours daily would the dog be left alone?
If no one is at home during the days would you plan for someone to come into your home to let the pup out and feed.
Have you ever surrendered a dog to an animal shelter or Rescue? If so Why?
Ask for 3 references.
Breezeaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!