View Single Post
Old 01-18-2011, 11:54 AM   #5
Nancy1999
I ♥ Joey & Ralphie!
Donating Member

I would ask them "why" they want a yorkie. Too many people have the wrong idea about yorkies, and believe they are cute little lap dogs. I would also ask them to tell me about their experience with pets, and if they have any pets now, and what happened to the others. I would ask them their views on discipline and their views on training including housebreaking. I would ask the name of their veterinarian. I would ask them about their families, and their ages, I personally don't think yorkies are the ideal dog for families with small children. I'm not a breeder though; these are just some of the questions Joey's breeder asked.

I think I would also inquire about their financial stability, I would want to know if they could afford to care for it should it have a genetic problem. Joey's breeder offered to take Joey back should at any time in the future I wouldn't be able to give him the care he needs, for whatever reason. I hope you consider doing the dewclaws even if you don't dock the tails; we are always reading about ripped dewclaws on Yorkietalk.

I'm with shodanusmc on this, if you've ever had a dog get pregnant you are a breeder. I think a better statement is "I don't plan on breeding again, and I'm taking measures to ensure that doesn't happen."

Join today and remove this ad!