View Single Post
Old 01-18-2011, 11:27 AM   #4
kjcmsw
YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salembev View Post
Under Vet Care and when the timing was right, our two spoiled and beloved Yorkies mated resulting in five puppies on the day after Thanksgiving. We had expert help with their in home delivery and NO problems. Mommy Zoie was amazing and so was daddy Zack. I really expected we would have two, even three and was set to see all neutered at a future date. When the Vet said five - floored me, though I was excited. Please note the event was well researched, prepared for and planned for and a lot of expert advice. We have the room, resources, and time, and now that the puppies will soon be 8 weeks, I am getting so attached - we all are. What would you advise me to do. Zack and Zoie are purebred and the puppies are beautiful. I refused to have their tails docked which is against AKC - I do have one CKC registered. If I do sell any puppies, I only want them to go to good homes (not before 12 weeks) and do not wish to advertise. I am not a breeder and do not want to be. I am asking if anyone can give me a list of questions (I have many) but I am looking for other to ask potential human families the puppies might consider owning. I am legit - you can check my blog and website (antiques and writing). Just remember - I want to do right for my Yorkies - and I really do want to keep them all - so tell me why I shouldn't too!
Thanks
Bev
Beside here, if you don't want to advertise how do you expect anyone to know you have puppies to sell? Despite what some people say, advertise in the paper and screen your calls. You have something to sell and the newspaper is a viable means of letting the world know you have something to sell. Make flyers and ask dog groomers to place your flyer in their place, etc.
If you want to keep them all (you did bring them into the world) then keep them, it's up to you, they are your dogs, sell or keep: your (and yours alone) choice.
I wouldn't advise coming right out and asking certain questions (like: Have you ever gotten rid of/rehomed/ethuanized a dog before?) as people will lie. Generally speaking, people aren't stupid and know how to answer loaded questions, so you aren't fooling anybody. Just sit and have a normal conversation with them ask about their past pets, maybe phrase a sentence like what's the best and worst thing about dog ownership, etc...if they dumped one off it'll come out in the conversation eventually (as long as they don't feel threatened by interrogation).
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!