View Single Post
Old 01-18-2011, 11:21 AM   #10
salazark
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Oh boy did your post bring back memories. One of the main reasons I got Beemer was so that Sadie could have companionship. She loved other dogs and I was not prepared for he reaction to getting Beemer. She wouldn't even come in the same room if he was there. It broke my heart to see her like that. I loved Beemer but felt guilty if I showed him attention. Then I would remember how we were with Sadie when we got her and I'd feel guilty that Beemer wasn't getting as much. I will honestly say now though that getting Beemer was the best thing I ever did for Sadie.

In the beginning I kept them in separate pens but next to each other. I think that's what I'd do if I was you. That way they are kind of indirectly getting used to each other but Snickers will still have his own space. It was quite a while before I left them together. Now though, they are inseparable. If Beemer yelps when I'm brushing him, Sadie comes running to check on him. It really will work out. Whatever you do, don't feel guilty for Snickers. He will come around. I'm including a picture of Sadie after we got Beemer. This was kind of her demeanor for a while. I'm also including one of them together now. I'm at work so I don't have a really good one but this will show you how close they are. Give them time - it will work out.
Attached Thumbnails
Reesie & Snickers are BEST FRIENDS.....NOT!!!-sadie1.jpg   Reesie & Snickers are BEST FRIENDS.....NOT!!!-sadie.jpg  
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!