View Single Post
Old 01-18-2011, 06:15 AM   #1
viviansnickers
Snick&Viv= BFF
Donating Member

Unhappy Reesie & Snickers are BEST FRIENDS.....NOT!!!

So Reesie's long weekend homecoming has been great! He is an AMAZING PUPPY!! So happy, full of life, loving, and pees and poops on his pad!!! We all loove him....except....SNICKERS!!!!!

SNICKERS IS NOT AMUSED!!!!! I know it is normal for older Yorkies to not be so fond of the new puppy, but it is HARD to watch!! Any pointers?? I know he will come around, he makes progress everyday (little!!!) Snick sniffs Reesie all the time before/after growling at him & running away. Yesterday I was holding baby Reesie and Snick came and sat by us. Snick is eating/pooping/peeing fine. He even shares our bed with Reesie as long as I am there laying in the middle to split them!

They are in separate xpens while we are at work...our doggy nanny is coming over this week daily to play with them mid-day. Should I keep their xpens close together or on opposite sides of the room? They have been on opposite sides so far. Any other pointers? I can't walk them together until Reesie's shots are done. I'm doing everything for Snick 1st of course...food, praise, treats, attention, walking through doors etc.

Thanks a million..I want them to be friends SOON!!! It's breaking my heart but am trying to stay strong and positive!!! Using that upbeat voice and praising a TON!!!!!

Hugs-
Viv
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!