Thread: Dog choker
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2011, 12:10 PM   #8
Britster
Action Jackson ♥
Donating Member

Choke collars are terrible for both small dogs and big dogs, and I'd never use one on either. They've been known to cause severe damage, especially if you don't know what you're doing. But even so, I don't agree with them at all. You want your dog to walk beside you because she wants to and it's fun... not because you're forcing her to and choking her. You start choking me, yeah, I'm gonna do what you want me to do... but I'm not going to like you, or respect you, or want to do anything for you.

The Easy Walk harness is amazing, IMO. Some have difficulties with it but it's worked for a lot of people. It's a harness with the d-ring in the front so it re-directs them towards you. Just remember, there is no easy fix for anything! It takes time, patience, training, and most of all... establishing that bond between human and dog. Dogs aren't born knowing exactly what to do, nor are children, and with a child taking it's first steps... you're going to encourage them and be positive with it. Why not do that with a dog? Also remember that dogs can walk alot faster than us.... for them to walk at our pace is often hard for a lot of dogs, when they know they can move faster. We're teaching them to do something unnatural to them, and it'd be the equivalent of asking a human to walk only taking one step every 5 seconds.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!