View Single Post
Old 01-16-2011, 11:55 PM   #1
LeChief Meister
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Love Yorkies Anonymous

Hi, my name is Candace, and I'm addicted to my Yorkie puppy, the Chief. We've had him for about 4 weeks (he's just about 14 weeks old) and I am totally smitten.

Admittedly, I was more of a big dog kinda gal until I got my hands on the little Schnookums. Now I just can't resist him. I was all gung ho about crate training, which lasted for about 24 hours, when I took a nap (looong first night) and he curled up right under my neck.

We've already begun training, and he understands and responds to (95% of the time) sit, wait, go get it, bring it, leave it, and now I'm teaching him discrimination training to learn different toys.

As soon as he has all of his shots, we'll be starting puppy training at the local park. We're lucky here: only $50 for an 8 week class! Long-term goals include agility training (I've read it builds a strong bond!), and *maybe* earthdog competitions.

I'm looking for help to stop looking at doggie clothes and toys (or at least *reduce* the amount of time I spend doing this), so I can focus on preparing my dissertation proposal. The problem is, I would much rather read about yorkie behavior and misc. than academic journal articles! HELP!
Attached Thumbnails
Yorkies Anonymous-lechief-meister.jpg  
LeChief Meister is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!