View Single Post
Old 01-16-2011, 02:27 PM   #140
Furbaby Friend
YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeanieK View Post

I don't think she was upset because she didnt get the answer she was wanting. She is upset because for the most part she didn't get any answers. Only a couple of people actually answered her question.

JMHO put if you don't have the answer to the questions stay off the thread.

Anyone one who has been on YT for any length of time at all knows which comments are going to start an argument. So why even go there unless your sole purpose is to start an argument. And if that is the case, start your own thread.

Comments such as get a rescue, or have her spayed, or only people who are interested in money, so on and so forth, did not answer her question.
Funny that you say that when your first post in this thread wasn't in response to the OP's question at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeanieK View Post
Or because they are beautiful dogs and show breeders will champion them so they can sell the pup for more money, while knowing that they carry a genetic defect.

A champion stud dog has the potential to pass a genetic defect on to hundreds of offspring. All show dogs should be required to be health tested to prove their worthiness.
Moving right along.

It is my impression that the OP seemed to want to simplify something that just can't be simplified. It was a question that did not have a yes or no answer. I think she did get some great advice.

I think it is also good she was given complex responses because it gives her the impression she should have. That there is a lot at stake here and a lot of factors that she needs to thoroughly understand and research. If she truly has a passion it would only encourage her to try to prepare herself for a long haul.

Basic research with books would be a good place to start. I hope she does pick up those that were recommended. I see them mentioned quite often.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!