View Single Post
Old 01-15-2011, 05:31 PM   #7
Nancy1999
I ♥ Joey & Ralphie!
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayi078 View Post
Today my 6 month old puppy is suppose to neuter and also remove 4 canine teeth but after meeting with the vet he told me to go back in 4 weeks because the adult canine teeth just came out a little bit and if he pulls out the canine teeth it might hurt his skin or the adult canine teeth stops to step in. Is this true? I am asking because i called another vet and he said it's ok to pull it out now. Which version is true???
Actually Joey's vet said something similar, and since we aren't exactly able to decipher what your vet said, we probably shouldn't criticize him. Joey's vet wanted me to wait a month, because he wanted Joey to have more adult teeth, he thought at 6 months, there just wasn't enough adult teeth in, and Joey would be kind of be toothless for a while. That's how I deciphered what he was saying, I'm not even positive that's what it was, but he wanted to wait a month, and I said ok. It seems like it was okay to pull them then, but Joey's vet just believes that there is an ideal time, and had us come back in another month to see if the adult teeth had come in enough.

Join today and remove this ad!