View Single Post
Old 12-19-2005, 02:26 PM   #7
TatumsMom
Donating YT 500 Club Member

I too have stayed away from most threads when people complain (maybe too strong a word) or want advice about some issue their Yorkie has because Tatum seems so different from those other pups AND I hate to jinx it by saying she doesn't do that! She only barks when the moment really, truly calls for it. She has only chewed on something a couple times and that was when she was teething. She's just a very laid back dog. Oh yes, when she gets out in the yard with our Australian Shepherd ("outside dog"), they cut up and run and chase and bark their heads off but if she didn't do at least that much, I would worry that maybe she's NOT a "dog". I've come to the conclusion, because our previous dog - a toy poodle - was also very laid back (very "un-poodlish" behavior), that maybe it's just her surroundings and the way my family is that they have picked up on this. We are very laid back... like to lay around and veg out when we can and maybe they just sense this and "like master, like dog". Don't know.... maybe. I believe the socializing helps a lot too. Sounds like you have a great pup there!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!