View Single Post
Old 01-15-2011, 05:45 AM   #14
Britster
Action Jackson ♥
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by YorkieMother View Post
I like his view point on most things but go watch again what he does with his own dog. Did you catch it??? That is extremly pushy rude behaviour in a dog that he does not deal with..... dog coming in, getting in his face and demands attention and him showing affection without him asking for a behaviour first.... who is in control there???

Not a wrong thing in a well trained dog but if he is to be teaching good behaviour to those of us unkonwing humans, then he needs to ask for a sit or down or skill before he interacts with the dog. Teach by example. All things good are earned.
No I am not saying affection is wrong or that he did something overly incorrect but when teaching you teach what it should be in public and to your class at all time in view of that class or client. Outside of that if you wish to slack off you can but those little watching learning eyes see and follow more the action then learning by words.

JL
I'm actually surprised you're saying this, lol, as it sounds like something Cesar would say. Over a year ago, I had a different view point (though never used dominance theory on Jackson himself, I did believe in it, and had many arguments with you about it).

But his dogs are *highly* trained. They are competition frisbee dogs, and if you ever watch his training videos, he can say "Nova, go lay down. I'm working with Venus right now" and Nova will go off and lay down until told to come over. I really don't believe he's doing anything wrong and I totally agree with DvlshAngel^^.

And he has never ever preached or taught that a dog should have to obey a command first before receiving affection. He believes in relationship-based training, and basically for the *most* part, TEACHING a dog like you would a child. If my child came up to me and wanted a hug, I would not say 'You have to do the dishes first. THEN you can get a hug!' That'd be ridiculous. And eventually the child would probably think it's not even worth it to go over and ask for affection.

Last edited by Britster; 01-15-2011 at 05:49 AM.
Britster is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!