View Single Post
Old 01-14-2011, 11:35 AM   #11
AllDogBoots
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmaniMan View Post
Yeah- probably the best thing is to prevent the pulling.

This is how we stopped pulling here- every time Armani pulled I stopped completely, just stand totally still and let him pull to his hearts content, eventually he would get frustrated that he wasn't going anyway and he would stop pulling, the second he stopped pulling we move again and repeat the whole process if he pulls. It is frustrating at first because you may go for an hour walk and make it across the street. But pretty quickly they learn that if they want to go anywhere they can't pull.

I had originally tried the turning and walking in the other direction thing but I just ended up dizzy and I didn't feel like we were accomplishing anything.
Max walks perfectly on his own. But if I walk him and Cooper together they are both wild. I thought Max would be ready to walk nicely with Cooper, but Cooper doesn't ever walk nicely. I'll have to get them under better control separately before putting them together.

I feel like I've done everything to prevent Coop Dog from pulling. Figure 8s, changing directions, standing like a tree, etc. I'll keep trying.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!