View Single Post
Old 01-14-2011, 09:37 AM   #2
ArmaniMan
I ♥ Armani & Chloe
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvTaycieGirl View Post

Will I need to worry about shots? Or just the one year rabies?.. I know she won't need rabies for 3 years after this..

I am doing a stool sample, and I am thinking of doing a blood panel as well. She did have blood work done in July of 2010 so is this too soon?

I have read about a bile acids test. What is this exactly?
When was her last rabies shot? Pups don't get rabies when they are born so she probably won't be ready for her 1 year booster for awhile after her first birthday. She should get the 1 year booster, 1 full year after her last shot.

Vaccines are a personal choice- I do the 1 year boosters when they come due and then do not vaccinate again.

A stool sample is good.

Unless something is wrong, dogs at this age really don't need blood work more than once a year- so you could probably hold off on that as well.

A bile acid test is done to test the liver function and can diagnose liver problems like MVD and shunts which are very common in yorkies. Again, this is a personal decision- I believe that ALL yorkies should have this done. The vet will take blood, feed the dog, wait two hours and take blood again- so it is rather simple and not invasive at all. I would never not have one of my own yorkies tested, but again this is a personal decision.

Armani & Chloe
ArmaniMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!