View Single Post
Old 01-14-2011, 07:28 AM   #1
107barney
T. Bumpkins & Co.
Donating YT Member

Unlove Teddy has Neurological and Urinary Problems!!!

My Teddy who turned two years old in November was just diagnosed a week and a half ago with Epilepsy.

We also have been battling with urinary problems and his tremor disorder (diagnosis: Intention Tremors) since he came home to us at 10 weeks of age from his breeder.

It's been just devastating to see our little Teddy struggling to learn commands in puppy class (we went four times to see if he could get any better but after two years of daily obedience training and professional training classes and private lessons, he only knows sit and sometimes just gives us a paw but it's random).

Teddy's urinary problems have me concerned too. These struvite crystals keep reappearing and on Monday, we are going to the internist and radiologist to have his kidneys ultrasounded and see if there is a reason. Two rounds of antibiotics and dietary changes have not cured the problem.

It's getting really expensive to take care of Teddy's needs. We've spent at least double and almost triple what we paid for Teddy. We will stand by Teddy NO MATTER WHAT and we love him, but we are just sad for his future.

I have some questions -
Teddy is on zonisamide to control his Severe Generalized Seizures (these are the dangerous kind of seizures that could cause brain damage so we have to medicate teddy every 12 hours for the rest of his life).

Does anyone use this medication? So far he is doing well, but this morning he seemd to really be twitching alot and making noises like a guinea pig. My phone was not in the room so I could not video it for the dr. Could that have been some neurological event?

My other question is on Intention Tremors. Does anyone else have a dog with these? Did the dog live a normal life? Did it have trouble learning like my little Teddy Bumpkins does?

Lastly, does anyone have any experience with kidney problems or urinary problems in dogs that have neurological issues?

Thank you, we are trying to learn as much as we can about Teddy's conditions in order to help him.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!