View Single Post
Old 01-13-2011, 04:51 AM   #17
ourfirstyorkie
☺Farrah☺
Donating Member

IndianaJ, I swear I could have written your thread. I thought I was patient! 4 years? My Farrah is 14 mos old and has a very similar problem. She is not a climber so I don't have gate issues. But she can not and will not "hold it" during the night. It can be 3 or 4 hours between outings during the night and I will still wake up to poo and pee in her crate. And she rests peacefully on it. This problem is only at night. I can crate her during the day while I run out (I do not work) with no problems. While I'm home she can be in the kitchen and will use the potty bells on the door. 30 or 40 times a day but she's going outside so whatever it takes.
I was giving her back to the breeder a couple of days ago I was so stressed about it. But I heard that they can take up to 18mos old to "get it". So I sectioned off a small area of the kitchen by the door that has the potty bells on it and put a pee pad there, her crate and the bed she likes during the day. She slept on the bed and did pee and poo on the pad in front of the door last night. Don't know if it was a fluke that she used the pad or not. She never liked the pads. She Loves to go out. So time will tell. Tonight I will remove the crate and see how she does. BTW, she has never needed that "den" feeling. Strange. Good luck with the advice you have received. And the litter box. Thank you for posting!
and Jerry
ourfirstyorkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!