View Single Post
Old 01-12-2011, 08:06 PM   #11
BabyGirl Rosie
I ♥ my girls!
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lil fu fu girl View Post
IMO....Discipline is essential. I believe that the many problems facing our youth are do to the lack of parenting.
I know.....not a very popular opinion.
In the immortal words of Goldie Hawn...once you have a baby...you can't be the baby anymore.
Children need discipline, they need mentors, and most of all the need parents who want to be present in their life and share their life experience with them.

Parenting is like gardening. If you just throw the seeds out into the yard and pay them no mind until harvest time, you will be lucky to have any crop at all. Planting them, fertilizing them, keeping the weeds and bad bugs away from them, and most of all, caring for them by providing the best environment will produce healthy, successful, and productive plants..... or in the other case.... children.

Lack of parenting is a huge problem. Do you know how many kids are being raised by grandparents? Many of the parents are in jail for drugs or just dumped their kids off. It is hard to believe.

I think rules are essential and structure too. However, I am a very abstract sequential person. Could be why I feel that way.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!