Thread: Feeding amounts
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2011, 03:36 PM   #5
candigirl
YT Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximo View Post
In terms of overfeeding, it's not a matter of protein percentage, it is a matter of calories per day. The feeding guidelines on all food bags are way over what is necessary, in my opinion.

Doesn't 90 pieces of Orijen kibble add up to more than 1/4 cup?

The best way to tell if your pup is getting enough food is to check her body. Can you readily feel her ribcage and does she have a waistline?

Puppies do require a little more and every dog is different. However, my very active 8 pound boy required less than 3/4 cup Orijen per day, and that was without the supplement of a tablespoon of canned food.
yea according to the guidelines i should be feeding from 3/4 cup which i know would be way too much for her especially since you said you're feeding Maximo 3/4 at 8lbs and Lexie is just 2.6lbs. When i rub her body and press my fingers i can feel her ribs but she doesn't look underweight at all, just small framed. Orijen kibbles are all different sizes but most of the time it equals up to 1/4 if there's any left over i use as treats, but i'll up the amount to 1/3 cup just in case

Last edited by candigirl; 01-11-2011 at 03:39 PM.
candigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!