View Single Post
Old 01-11-2011, 09:21 AM   #5
TatumsMom
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bchgirl View Post
There isn't always a spike in temp and with a temp that's dropped to 98...I'd expect pups within 12 - 24 hours too. Btw, she'll deliver 63 days from the date she ovulated...which may or may not be the date you bred her.
Well, see that's what's hard to pinpoint..... On her 12th day, the stud was interested but she wouldn't stand so they AI'd her. Then on her 14th day, they got a natural breeding. They got another natural breed on her 16th or 17th day. I was counting from the 14th day (which happens to be Nov. 14th). I was kinda going by her previous time also..... the breeder was concerned because she wouldn't stand for the stud when they thought she should so they did some testing and found that she was actually later than "normal" coming in (however that's worded) so I guess all that I've read doesn't really apply here. I don't know... confused a little. But, after all that, if she DID ovulate on the 12th (when she was AI'd), her 63rd day would be Thursday! Eek! I don't know why I try so hard to control this.... it's ultimately out of my control, right?? Better let my boss know my calculations may have been off a few days and to not be surprised if I call in tomorrow or Thursday. Woo Hoo!!! Babies!!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!