View Single Post
Old 01-11-2011, 06:58 AM   #1
LittleLolaBear
Yorkie Yakker

Default Dogs and Airbag Danger

My precious 2-year old Lola was killed on Christmas when another driver hit us head-on. She was in my lap and was struck by the airbag. My other yorkie Finnegan was in the back seat in a crate and was fine.

There's nothing I can do to bring her back, but I am going to do everything I can to prevent this awful tragedy from happening to someone else.

PLEASE, PLEASE DO NOT KEEP YOUR DOG ON YOUR LAP WHEN YOU'RE DRIVING!!! They should be in the backseat in a crate that is secured, or in a secured dog seat. They really should never be in the front passenger seat either, unless you can disable the airbag on the passenger side.

I don't want anyone else to have to experience the pain, grief, sadness and guilt that I've faced since the accident. Lola had a lot of anxiety issues and wanted to be with me all the time - as a lot of our furbabies do. I would do anything to be able to go back and keep her in a crate in the car, no matter how much she hated it. Please learn from my mistakes.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!