View Single Post
Old 01-11-2011, 06:50 AM   #1
Deuce
No Longer a Member

Lightbulb Some Q's for Veterinary Techs

To those of you in the Vet Tech career field, I'm curious about a few things and was hoping maybe you could give me your inputs and maybe share some experiences with me. I'm only 2.5 years from the end of my military contract and trying to figure out the best way to survive in the civilian world

Please feel free to PM if you don't want to share the information to the world

1. What school did you attend, or what kind of accreditation was important to you when choosing your tech school?

2. What difficulty level would you say this school was at? This is as in, could I possibly take night classes while working full time without dying in the first semester?

3. For someone planning a carrer as a Vet would this carrer choice be a good starting point?

4. What kind of day-to-day tasks do you find yourself doing most?

5. Pros/cons of this particular carrer choice?

Any good websites you can recommend to me would be great. I'm still trying to figure out if I'm going to move back to my home state of Kansas, or I know I can also move to SoCal (grandparents and more out that way) and Penn. (Parents moved out there a few years back).

2.5 years never looked so short then it does right now, still unsure that I will for sure get out of the military, but I'm feeling more and more like I'm in the wrong career field/lifestyle. Really tired of up-rooting myself every 1-2 years, I'm ready to settle down and plant my roots (just don't know where yet, lol).
Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!