Thread: After 6 months?
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2011, 02:14 PM   #7
trin7
YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnainohio63 View Post
I just had Sophie at the vet last week and she told me that now that she is 8 months old I should watch for her to go into heat. Now here is the hard part. They say you should not have them spayed until they are at least 1 year old. I have a male who is unaltered because he is only 5 months old and they will not do it till he is 6 months old. Hence my problem. I pray she does not go into heat until I can have him neutered.

My babies are spoiled

RIP Sophie Lynn Mommy loves and misses you
I don't know who "they" are, but my "they" told me it was safe at six months old to have yorkies spayed and neutered. Darwin was around 5 pounds when we got him neutered, but Mabel was only 3 pounds and I was really worried but everything went great. Do the preliminary blood tests to make sure things are safe first. You will end up with a very smelly home with your male marking and a litter of puppies, possibly without a mother. Breeding these little dogs is a serious thing and many do not survive giving birth. I would think this is much more dangerous then having them spayed and neutered. Good luck and I hope you get them to the vets ASAP!
trin7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!