View Single Post
Old 01-10-2011, 01:47 PM   #28
QuickSilver
Thor's Human
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gram2k View Post
Great thread! Came here to post the same question actually. I'm curious if any of you leave the dog out freely during the day? When gone for shorter periods on the weekends, she does well out all day and I'm wondering if keeping her in her room during the week is necessary? ( she is now 1.3 years old ) She gets so upset ( in a room, not a cage ) during the week when isolated. She seems to have far less separation anxiety being able to roam freely around the house. Anyone?
I've always heard that it's safer to leave them in just one room / crate, but then, I've also heard that makes them LESS anxious. If you've definitely noticed that she's better with free roam, maybe that would be better. I would definitely make sure the house is thoroughly dog-proofed, though.

I leave Thor by himself around 5 hours once or twice per week. I always put him in the living room with a pee pad, water, and some kind of food puzzle. I either hide treats in different places, or I put them in a bag and he has to shake them out. It's really cute watching him race into the living room to start his treat hunt.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!