View Single Post
Old 01-10-2011, 01:04 PM   #25
Roccosmommy
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gram2k View Post
Great thread! Came here to post the same question actually. I'm curious if any of you leave the dog out freely during the day? When gone for shorter periods on the weekends, she does well out all day and I'm wondering if keeping her in her room during the week is necessary? ( she is now 1.3 years old ) She gets so upset ( in a room, not a cage ) during the week when isolated. She seems to have far less separation anxiety being able to roam freely around the house. Anyone?
Rocco is alone for about 6 1/2 hours during the week, sometimes less. He has free roam of the house and seems very content...he sleeps and keeps 'watch' out the front window which gives him a lot of mental stimulation I think, since we live on a main road. He people watches, squirrel watches, and generally enjoys perching on the couch in front of the picture window. I think if he was caged or secluded it would be a more difficult day for him and I'd have a less than content furbutt. He is 13 months and has had free roam since about 6 months.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!