View Single Post
Old 01-10-2011, 09:40 AM   #15
DvlshAngel985
Donating YT 2000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladymom View Post
In case of an emergency, an IV catheter will give the vet instant access to your pet's circulatory system. It can save his life.

Please ask this clinic lots of questions. Some low cost spay neuter clinics skip important procedures like bloodwork, don't use isoflurane, don't give pain meds afterwards, etc. It may be safer to have your regular vet do his neuter.

Does Brady have any retained baby teeth? It is customary to remove them during the spay or neuter. Will the clinic remove them? Many low cost clinics won't. If Brady has to have them removed separately by his regular vet, it will end up costing you more in the long run plus Brady will have to undergo a second anesthesia.
I hope you don't mind me asking but why not? (see bolded) I didn't give pain meds after the second day. But that was after learning they made Kaji hyper and uncontrollable. I thought he would hurt himself if he carried on the way he did. After I stopped giving the pain meds, he was very calm.

oh, and to stay on subject. Another vote pro pre-op blood work. It just gives us piece of mind.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!