View Single Post
Old 01-10-2011, 09:20 AM   #4
TeddysMom08
Yorkie Talker

I found a website that gave tips on how to solve it. I practiced getting him used to my leaving cues (picking up my keys, putting on my coat). He still paced around and looked uneasy. I tried gating him in the kitchen but he was able to scale the gate and climb over it. I also tried leaving the house for a few minutes at a time, the only thing I hadn't tried was talking to the vet about it.

I tried crate training him and have for the last few months left him in the crate while I'm at work, because otherwise I'm afraid he will have accidents in the house. I got a crate with enough room for him move around in, put a bed in there along with his favorite toy and old t-shirt of mine. He absolutely hates the crate and barks constantly while he's in there. I left him out today and left the radio on for him. I went home during my lunch break and the house was still in one piece and best of all no accidents. I'm hoping perhaps with the radio on and being out of the crate during the day he'll be quiet. I left plenty of toys for him to play with and gave him a small bone to chew on. I'm going to go to Petco tonight and get a Kong to put treats in to keep him occupied during the day. He still clings to me whenever I'm home but I'm hoping this new arrangement will make him feel better about being alone for awhile.
TeddysMom08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!