View Single Post
Old 01-09-2011, 10:42 PM   #2
yorkiegirl2
YT 2000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGirlWithWheels View Post
Holly is getting spayed on Thursday, and I want to make her as comfortable as possible. She suffers from such bad allergies I went to Target today to buy her Children's Zyrtec. The pharmacist told me that it had been recalled but the Target generic brand is available, and has the same components. Have any of you tried it? Do any of you use the regular Zyrtec pill? If so, should I stick with the pill form? I know liquid is easier to measure and dispense, because Holly is 4 lbs so she only gets a little bit.

We've tried using Benadryl, but it didn't work that well. It just made her sleep most of the day. I'm afraid all her scratching will open her stitches and make her uncomfortable. I know it has been successful for those of you who use it. Holly has seen a Derm since September, but nothing he has given her has worked, so I thought we could try Zyrtec.
Hi
The off brand children's type should work just as good as the children Zyrtec.
I don't think I would use the adult Zyrtec unless you check with the Vet first.
You might also give him a call to see if she should take any meds the day of her surgery.

I have an old 12 year old girl who suffers with really bad allergies and the vet gave her Chlorpheniramine to take. It seems to work pretty well.

Wishing Holly a safe surgery and a quick recovery.
yorkiegirl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!