View Single Post
Old 12-19-2005, 03:32 AM   #5
hunniebunnie
Follower of Yorkietology

lucky for me, bunjee's not a big barker and i hope it stays that way. he used to bark a lot when he's seeking attention, when he's crated, and in general whenever i leave his sight. to break him of those habits, i used a spray bottle and sprayed him whenever he barked.

now he only barks or whines under certain circumstances, usually to tell me something:

- want attention from me, usually to play, but usually for a minute or two and never for more than 5 mins now and he's keeping it to a minimum
- when he gets a shot at the dr's office (totally understandable)
- when he's crated, he'll whine or bark when he needs to go potty (i'm okay with that too, but if i let him out and he doesn't go potty in 5 minutes, then back in the crate he goes, no petting, no playing, no treat)
- he'll whine or bark every harder if he's soiled his crate (understandable too)
- if he's gone poo on his potty pad without me being present, he'll bark for my attention and get me to clean the sh*t up... quite literally, and will go back to his quiet self after that. (this one just cracks me up)
- he'll bark when dogs that he's not comfortable with gets too close to him (understandable as well)
hunniebunnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!