View Single Post
Old 01-09-2011, 08:33 PM   #14
jinhopark
Yorkie Yakker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissybear View Post
The trainner at Petco wanted us to use a collar on Gizmo while at class but i refused and used a harness instead. I dont want any extra pressure on his neck than needed. She asked me a few times to use a collar with the leash but i said no.... Was i right to do that? I feel bad making a scene but i'm not going to do anything im not comfortable doing.

Well you can me ULTRA-paranoid then, because I use a harness, and for added security I also use one of those bungee type leashes. I don't know how many times a squirrel/chipmunk/rabbit has popped up and my little guys make a run for it towards them and then they get a sudden snap as their harnessed body appears to hit a brick wall. It just can't be good for them...so I bought one of those Wacky Walk'r-thingys:

https://wackywalkr.websitesource.net/

And I think it really helps my guys out, instead of going from an all out sprint to a jarring "WHACK" with their front paws off the ground as they hit the end of the line, they instead seem to be eased into a creeping-like slow stop as the bungee stretches. To me this looks like it's a lot better for them.
jinhopark is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!