View Single Post
Old 01-09-2011, 05:57 PM   #15
megansmomma
Donating YT 10K Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhetts_mama View Post
We've had a few of those lately. Of course, the funniest one was the guy who came on here defending a particular pet store, only to have that store the subject of an undercover investigation a few months later. Busted for buying from puppy mills.

If you got one that was healthy, consider yourself lucky. But make no mistakes about her origins. She's either from a bad breeder or a puppy mill. A reputable breeder doesn't sell to stores. They don't relinquish control over who their pups go to as long as the credit check clears. I personally don't consider the asking price that high. A reputable breeder in GA can easily ask $1500+ for a dog, and have a full waiting list of potential clients. I have more of a problem with the ones who ask 500-600 for them because I can be assured they didn't put in the necessary testing or guarantee the health of the dog.

ETA: The OP does have some gorgeous dogs.
Did you see my link? His dog had Grade 2 LP and he was here asking for advice how to pop the knee back into place himself because he didn't have the money for an ER visit. These are his own words!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!