View Single Post
Old 01-09-2011, 04:44 PM   #13
Rhetts_mama
Donating YT 4000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmaniMan View Post
I can't believe someone would come here and promote pet shop puppies and then in turn question a breeder who appears to be doing all the right things.

A pet shop puppy will in the end cost way more than even a 3000 dollar puppy from a breeder who health tests and cares about the breed.

We've had a few of those lately. Of course, the funniest one was the guy who came on here defending a particular pet store, only to have that store the subject of an undercover investigation a few months later. Busted for buying from puppy mills.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian339
I was censored here for posting an honest opinion. I feel the asking price is very high. Yorkies are not for profit. We love ours as much as you love the high price tag dogs. They are no better.......
If you got one that was healthy, consider yourself lucky. But make no mistakes about her origins. She's either from a bad breeder or a puppy mill. A reputable breeder doesn't sell to stores. They don't relinquish control over who their pups go to as long as the credit check clears. I personally don't consider the asking price that high. A reputable breeder in GA can easily ask $1500+ for a dog, and have a full waiting list of potential clients. I have more of a problem with the ones who ask 500-600 for them because I can be assured they didn't put in the necessary testing or guarantee the health of the dog.

ETA: The OP does have some gorgeous dogs.

Last edited by Rhetts_mama; 01-09-2011 at 04:47 PM.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!