View Single Post
Old 01-09-2011, 04:14 PM   #1
TexasKat08
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Default Looking for a breeder recommendation in Central/South Texas

I am discouraged by the lack of reputable breeder recommendations on this forum. Lots of info on the bad ones, though, which is also helpful! I have already visited the YCTA website and spoken to the breeders in our immediate area. We even visited one in her home last week. She no longer shows dogs, but does still breed. We liked her, but she raised a red flag when she told us that we would pick our puppy at 5 weeks and take her home at 9 1/2. I thought one of the stipulations of being a YTCA recommended breeder was that Yorkie pups go home no earlier than 12 weeks. I recognize that the YTCA don't specifically endorse any breeder, but all the information I see states that the YTCA website is the best place to start looking for a breeder. Additionally, a reputable yorkietalk contributor declined to endorse several of the breeders I found thru YTCA. I am making more phone calls to breeders this week, but I am hoping you all are willing to share your experiences with breeders in the area. We are in no rush and have just started looking for a breeder, but it is discouraging. Thanks in advance for your consideration.
TexasKat08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!