View Single Post
Old 01-09-2011, 08:27 AM   #12
roseylovestosho
Donating YT 500 Club Member

My boyfriend said the same thing when my Teddy peed on his bed. He wanted to play with him, and when I saw him taking Teddy into his room I told him to watch him...he said "yeah okay got it," and the next thing I know he came back screaming put Teddy in his crate and said "I don't give a #$@% about your dog! He peed on my bed! Clean it!" I was so angry/upset/crying I just looked at Teddy and left to clean it. Because I was angry I blamed him for the mistake since I TOLD HIM to WATCH HIM, he decided to put the dog on the bed and turn away to do something else...of course he was going to have an accident! Well, thankfully the incident is behind us, but in my personal experience I think people are less forgiving about a pet's mistakes if it isn't their own pet. In his mind (and I'm sure in your husband's too) the event in question would have NEVER occurred if "you" did not decide to have a dog in the first place. Personally, if the scenario was reversed and someone else's dog peed on my bed I think I would have been extremely angry except I probably wouldn't have said anything mean because I'm not the type of person to blurt things out when I'm angry, but I probably would have silently said the same thing to myself or in my head. I doubt your husband will "make you" get rid of the dog (if he is anything like my boyfriend, or most people for that matter) I think he just doesn't like to be put in a situation that he sees is not a direct result of his own choices...either way hang in there.
roseylovestosho is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!