View Single Post
Old 01-09-2011, 08:12 AM   #10
107barney
T. Bumpkins & Co.
Donating YT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian339 View Post
I was censored here for posting an honest opinion. I feel the asking price is very high. Yorkies are not for profit. We love ours as much as you love the high price tag dogs. They are no better.......
I have to say that $1800 for a yorkie in New England is right in line with all the other breeders and actually is slightly lower. In fact, the last time I walked into a pet store in RI, there were two yorkies with $1800 price tags and I can tell you that they were poor representations of the breed and sickly.

You say that yorkies are not for profit, but I disagree -- they are very much for profit, unless you go to a reputable breeder.

BTW, I have two pet store dogs that are 10 and a dog from a breeder. I will agree with you on one thing - I love my pet store dogs as much as I love my dog from a breeder, but I have not loved spending tens of thousands of dollars on vet care for one of my pet store dogs who was bred by trash in deplorable conditions. I'd never line the pockets of a miller again and hope you will come to feel the same way.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!