View Single Post
Old 01-08-2011, 11:19 PM   #1
Haley5392
Yorkie Yakker

Question Male Yorkie acting Dominant

Not sure if this is the right place for this. But I have 2 yorkies, male and female, and a Male Rottweiler/Australian Sheppard mix(he has been neutered). The Rottweiler, Booger, is almost 5 yrs old, Mason is 3 yrs old, and Chloe is 2 years old. Chloe and Booger get along great, Mason and Booger not so well. Booger use to be an outside dog, he use to have his half brother with him (full Australian Sheppard about 1.5/2 yrs younger than Boog) but he turned super aggressive and was not letting Booger eat or play; we had to re-home him to a family with no dogs and tons of space. After tons of deliberation my hubby and I decided to bring Booger inside with the yorkie babies (he's been in now for 8 mths). Mason constantly snaps at him and growls. Outside they are fine, but as soon as Boogs jumps on the porch to come in he starts barking and snapping at him. If Boogs walks to close he snaps, if he jumps on the bed he snaps, and soon. Once Booger gets settled Mason seems fine. Boogs has always ignored him or throws a paw at him. This behavior ANNOYS my hubby since Booger was our first dog together. I do not BELIEVE in spanking my dogs, so when Mason does it I tell him "No" in a stern (not yelling) voice and tap his bottom. I refuse to slap him I just nudge him enough to get his attention. I want to know if anyone has ANY ideas to stop this. Mason also snaps at my mothers chihuahuas but doesn't bother the 2 outside schnauzers; I really want this behavior to cease because it gets very annoying and I feel bad for Booger.

Last edited by Haley5392; 01-08-2011 at 11:22 PM.
Haley5392 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!