View Single Post
Old 01-08-2011, 06:44 PM   #9
FidoTheYorkie
YT 500 Club Member

Yeah I know that But I think all sizes should be allowed, maybe 8 kilos max.
That would be soooo cool.

Well, yorkies today often give birth to one and one puppy who is way too big for standard, maybe a very beautiful puppy who is completily in standard except for the size, why let it ''go to waste'', oh this is just me and what i think...
I think big yorkies should be allowed, they are no worse than other yorkies, i dont know any other breed who gives birth to so many ''too big'' yorkies.
I dont like these super small yorkies, TO ME they are like kittens or something, not yorkies to me... as much as I love the breed, I think people shouldnt ruin the breed.
Im more saying that i dont like those supersmall ones, so many people just want them tiny teacups and some cute dolls, that is not what this breed is, this breed is a good hunting dog for small animals, and their sense of smell is AMAZING !

Once I was walking with Fido off-leash, he ran all over a huge grass, who was maybe 400-500 meters, just to lift his leg on some stone, he found the smell of another dogs pee, i didnt know he could smell so far!
I'm always hiding treats and toys over the house, he goes right away on the right spot and gets it, these dogs are way more than some teacup dolls... they are real dogs, all under 2,5 kilos is a tiny teacup inbred dog just for their size, i know it isnt like that but i think it is...
Also , the health is a big issue, if you want a really healthy and good yorkie, then get a yorkie from britain, sweden or finland I know they have very very good yorkies, most of the breeders there
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!