View Single Post
Old 01-07-2011, 11:05 AM   #50
Brooklynn
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

I'll attempt to answer this....it wasn't a YTCA member that inquired about purchasing a puppy it was a non member and a YTCA member was just asked about it. It's called defaming if the YTCA member was not directly involved in the conversation. It would have to be up to the individual that was directly involved to bring it up and bring it out. It's hearsay and as long as a YTCA member didn't actually hear this member say it had an open font ect... The person that was directly involved has the right to bring the members name forward as it was between her and that particular breeder.
While a YTCA member was asked about it and it was in written form as to what the prospective buyer was told then the YTCA member can submit to the officers and board members the written word with the permission of the said prospective buyer. I hope this answers your question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jencar98 View Post
According to this post below she did contact the YTCA breeder. The club may call it a "code of conduct/ethics" but I don't think it's very ethical for one of their members to try to sell a pup like this and get away with it (and if the club keeps it secret they do get away with it). How is the general public to know the breeder was dealt with through the club if their code of conduct doesn't allow revealing a bad breeders name? How can anyone recommend starting with the YTCA for a breeder referral if the YTCA is involved in covering up for bad breeders?
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!