Thread: ugh
View Single Post
Old 01-07-2011, 09:44 AM   #4
deonk1
YT 1000 Club Member

post the website... trust me, there are a lot of people on here who will point out if this is a good idea or not.... we're good at seeing red flags. But so far what you've said sounds good... here are some things to consider:

-Is there a health guarentee? ask what happens if they puppy gets sick.
-for references, ask for the vet, a vet reference is your best bet. you'll be able to tell from the references if they are genuinely statisfied or if it is made up.
-what is the price... if it's too high are there added benefits included (for example I don't mind sharing my boy was $1500 but he came with $800 worth of stuff, insurance, toys, beds, food, breeder care etc) then it's ok, but if they are asking a HUGE price then don't go near it...
-How many questions did they ask you, if they asked just as many questions as you thats a good sign.

-the fact that you're picking the pup up late is a good sign. the small deposit sounds good, and the weekly pics is a sign they care.
- also I'd ask them what they think about teacup yorkies... (they don't exist) so if they say they specialize in teacups or really small pups then back away (or run). An informed breeder should say something like, "teacups are term that has been created by greedy breeders to make money, the breed standard is any yorkie under 7lb (I think that's right but it's close to 7) and anything under counts as a yorkie, however, it is highly dangerous to breed anything under 4lb." It is possible to get the abnormally small yorkie, but any good breeder shouldn't try on purpose to create that.

Good luck. I can say in the initial info you've given, this is better than some sites I've seen.
hope to hear back from you.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!