View Single Post
Old 01-06-2011, 04:52 PM   #6
Nanoki2
Yorkie Talker

I'm going out on a limb here becasuse I'm new to the Yorkie world but they are still dogs right? I've had many and we also own a Golden. It sounds to me like your Yorkie is exhibiting dominance over your cats and when other dogs come into the house. There are many techniques out there to establish dominance and it really is depends on your training beliefs as to which techniques you use. One that I've always found useful when I have a dominant dog is to ensure that everything they do is because I've given them permission to do it. For example, with my Golden, she can't go out the door first. I go out and then she follows. When she eats, I put the food down and she has to wait until I tell her its ok to eat it. When she gets a toy, she gets it when I say and has to give it to me when I say. Because she's a big dog, it was important to make sure she knew I was the boss. But you're right and with little dogs the issues become a matter of safety for other dogs, children and for your own dog. Just a thought!
Nanoki2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!