View Single Post
Old 01-06-2011, 12:57 PM   #364
Cheryl1022
Senior Yorkie Talker

Love teeth

Ever since I lost my 1 year old yorkie to Liver shunt disease I am very careful what I give his baby brother. After a lot of research I formulated this recipe and I can't tell you how shiney my boy's hair is and I use a wet wash rag then wrap a small part around your finger put organic toothpaste on the tip and just rub all aount his teeth. My vet says he has the whitest teeth he has ever seen. At the same time he thinks I am playing with him. A word to the wise Garlic & Onion are very toxic to our little furry ones...The one recipe I read had garlic in it and that is a no no...actually all spices are bad...

Charlie's Organic Recipe ( he is 7 lbs and gets this twice a day) One batch lasts around 5-6 days.

1 sm jar organic carrots baby food
1 lrg jar of organic sweet potatoes baby food
1 sm jar of of organic Pumpkin/Apple baby food (can use 1/4 cup of pure pumpkin)

boil
1/2 cup brown rice with 13/4 water

1 organic chicken breast (boil in seperate pot)

Mix all jar food with pumpkin & cooked rice

Chop up chicken in place in serperate container

Breakfast

1/4 mixture with a small amount of chicken reheat in Microwave for 15 seconds then add over the top 1/4 tsp of olive oil and 1 tbsp of cottage cheese (must have dairy)

Dinner

same as breakfast without cottage cheese

Treats
Beefaatersv LilBitz Pure sweet potatoes
raw carrots

I leave out a small dish of Halo chicken dry food for in between but he really doesn't eat much.

If you really think you must give them bones then a boiled beef shank is best but I still don't recommend it.

ALWAYS REMEMBER WHAT WE LOVE ISN'T ALWAYS GOOD FOR US!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!