View Single Post
Old 01-06-2011, 12:10 PM   #363
Infinity
Yorkie Yakker

This is not a recipe but just my two cents about many of the meals I'm reading here. A big part of these end up as wet/soft food and if you don't give your dog raw bones frequently to chew on, the teeth will get full or tartar and if you forget to brush that off it can led to very ugly mouth.

I met an elderly woman who had this cute maltese but when he barked I was terrified by how rotten his teeth were. Black gums and fangs with a hideous smell. She said she only fed him cooked chicken.

I know this is common sense but some people can be oblivious about certain things. Dogs, no matter the size, are little wolves and I would advice more for a raw diet with occasional cooked treats.

My yorkies love raw bones with a little meat on them, they spend hours licking and nibbling on them and their teeth is very clean. It is cooked bones which are not healthy for your dog. If you don't want them to actually break and eat the bone, use beef or pork ones instead of chicken. They might only get a chalky white stool which is pretty normal and with nearly no smell.
Infinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!