View Single Post
Old 01-06-2011, 07:36 AM   #1
Lou
Donating YT 3000 Club Member

Default Here we go again - Media coverage at our hospital

OK, so most of you know I work at a hospital. That hospital is Riverside Medical Center in Kankakee, IL where Gov. Ryan's wife is a patient.
The news last night and this morning claim she is dying but there must have been a leak somewhere because the news vans are camped out in our parking lot. I suspect she will go some time this week the poor thing. I'm also guessing we will be sneaking Prisoner Ryan in sometime today. Hopefully it can be done quietly and with respect for Mrs Ryan.

As a librarian I appreciated Gov. Ryan's personal attention to our library when he was Secretary of State but I have not condoned many or the things he has been accused of and convicted for. In fact his actions have angered me. Having said that I must add that any DYING person should have the right to see their loved ones before they go. It isn't her fault so why would we punish her? I couldn't understand why the man couldn't be granted a furlough but it looks like that is going to happen.

I haven't seen this kind of attention at the hospital since the City of New Orleans train wreck! For two weeks I had newspeople interviewing staff IN MY LIBRARY every day. The disaster command center was located in my conference room and I had to help man the phones during the first few hours. You can't imagine what kind of attention something like that gets. I even talked to someone in Australia. And what could we say to them? Nothing! It was just too wild.

I pity our poor ICU nurses right now, for I know they are getting bombarded with extra work.

I ramble - sorry. It is just heavily on my mind right now and this has always been my favorite place to vent!

Gracie Skeeter Adie Tyler
Lou is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!