View Single Post
Old 01-05-2011, 03:49 PM   #2
Mardelin
Mardelin Yorkshire Terriers
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaMonae View Post
My yorkie baby KyLa over the past 3 months, I have seen a drastic change in the way she is eating. She is 4 years old and has been on dry food and soft food mix or simply just dry food "Science Diet" for all her years. All of a sudden she is consuming less of her food. I took her to the vet they ran blood work and they said everything was normal except her glucose levels were low at 74%, hence the vet suggested that I give her more NutriCal to boost her levels. Overrall she still isn't hardly eating which I stressed to the vet, so he recommend that I change her diet (feed). I did alot of research and change her diet two weeks ago to "Wellness Super 5Mix Small Breed", still no great results. Please note, I have mixed her food with soft food as well and I'm not getting anywhere.

1. Can anyone recommend me to another vet (North Dallas area), I'm thinking I need a second opinion
2. Can anyone provide me with any insight if they have come across this same problem with their fur babies, if so what were your solutions.

Thanks.
I just read this thread and sorry I didn't see it. I do have a wonderful Vet in Dallas, Dr. Robert Hawthorne/White Rock Animal Hospital. One of the best in the Metroplex. Several Breeder/Exhibitors use, as do I when I'm in town. He's very kinowledgeable on the Yorkie Breed.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!