View Single Post
Old 01-05-2011, 02:56 PM   #1
LDandPasquale
YT 2000 Club Member

Default After a year of pain....

....I'm finally having surgery on my knee this month. I cant wait cause hopefully i'll soon be out of pain. Since LAST January, when my knee started to hurt, I've been going to doctor after doctor to figure out what the hek was causing my knee pain.

FIRST i went to an orthopedic...did the MRI, Xray...he said i was fine...gave me pain meds and sent me on my merry way. Pain continued and i went back to him and explained it wasnt going away!! He did blood tests and they determined i have severe inflamation somewhere in my body. (Gee ya think it could have been my knee perhaps? )

Anyways..he said i should go to a Rheumatologist. So I didnt even look for one locally..i said forget it...i was going into the BIG hospitals in Boston. She was great...EVERY appointment i went to her..she at least spent an hour with me going over my symptoms and trying different arthritis meds on me...since she believed this is what may be causing my pain. My last appointment with her..she was shocked i was still in pain. So she ordered another MRI. The same day i got the MRI done she called me saying there was significant damage to my meniscus. So she wanted me to see an orthopedic again. I was definitely NOT going back to the first guy i went to , so she referred me to one out of same hospital.

As soon as the Orthopedic looked at my MRI...he says "holy cow..you have a huge tear in your meniscus. No wonder you are in pain. I can't believe this was missed"(he knew my first Orthopedic personally). So he scheduled me for surgery in 2 weeks.

I'm looking forward to being out of pain. I HOPE and prayer that i WILL be out of pain!! I have missed out on A LOT of activity this past year cause of the pain..including wearing HIGH HEELS!! I've never had surgery before except for having my wisdom teeth out..so i'm a tad nervous!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!