View Single Post
Old 01-05-2011, 01:26 PM   #2
Nancy1999
I ♥ Joey & Ralphie!
Donating Member

Yes, I"ve heard of this before, I'm glad I'm not on cats forums, because even more people would hate me, than hate me here! This is a MARKETING tool, and not legitimate information about the cat. People want to believe this is true, so it's easy to fool them.

I'm not sure it's a puppy mill, people define a puppy mill differently. One characteristic is they are in the business to make money, not to better the breed. Another characteristic of a puppy mill is inhuman treatment of pets. There is a difference between a commercial breeder, and a puppy mill.

Here's what Wikepedia says about the cat breed Ashera.

Quote:
. . . the authenticity of the breed has been challenged, as the only known examples of "Ashera" cats have been proven by DNA testing to be Savannah cats, an existing breedhttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ashera
The dog they sell is called an JABARI GD, it's just a designer dog, and again people will want to believe that they have something "rare and unique." Some dog breeds do really cause less allergic reactions than others, simply because they don't shed hair, and the hair isn't all over the house. The yorkie is one of those breeds.

Join today and remove this ad!