View Single Post
Old 01-05-2011, 01:20 AM   #15
kjc
I♥PeekTinkySaph&Finny
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTFitzREVA View Post
My little Yorkie Max is 11 years old, 12 in May. This evening my brother went in for a goodnight kiss and Max pretty much attacked him, biting him on his upper lip and punctured the skin pretty badly. Of course it bled and swelled up. As of right now he has ice on it to keep the swelling from getting worse and hopefully to get it down. Max has never bit anyone where it actually punctured the skin. (He once bit my Dad's finger, only because my dad put it near him to test him to see if he would actually bite. My Dad doesn't like dogs so his stupidity cost him a bite on his finger)
I've done a lot of researching of what could have caused Maxi to do this. I know he is an animal and they have animal instincts so I can't blame him too much. I found that dogs are easily disturbed and get upset in the evening or when they are going to sleep. Maybe this can be the cause? I also read that people should stay away from their dogs faces but of course this is especially hard when you love your dog so much.
I'm afraid this is because of old age and there may be something else, something worse wrong with my poor dog. He also has a cataract in his left eye and it looks like it's starting to come in on his right. Just earlier today I saw he was walking around like he was losing his balance, like he was drunk. I held him and almost started crying of the thought of him being in pain and suffering from something I don't know of. The last thing I would do is put him to sleep because of this as some people suggested
My brother will be okay, he's sleeping with a gunk full of Neosporin and a piece of frozen chicken breast on his lip. I just wonder what is happening with my dog and what I can do.
You really should have these symptoms checked by your vet. this could be something as simple as an ear infection, which can be painful, and could be the main reason for the bite, as maybe he isn't feeling 100%.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!