Thread: Rope Toys
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2011, 02:00 PM   #4
MaddiesMommie
LoveMy2
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan78 View Post
I just like to let everyone know that those rope toys can be very dangerous. During Christmas our vet's wife let their english bulldog outside to go potty. She went outside fifteen minutes later to find their dog dead. Our vet said he swallowed the rope toy with the knots on the end. He could not get it out and choked to death. I don't have any of these toys for our yorkie but I guess some of these toys have to have some supervision with them. Who would of thought this could happen? Maybe it was a freak accident but I thought I would let others know. Some of these bigger dogs like to gulp down things like a ball etc. Hope this helps others.
Thanks for sharing this I also revently had a scare with a rope bone and my Cooper.
I advise ALL toys be used with supervision. I just spent the morning in the vet's office having an exam and x-ray;s done to make sure one of my girls did not have part of a rope toy lodged somewhere in her GI tract.

Cooper somehow got the rope unknotted and ate part of the toy. She vommited a huge chunk up later along with all her undigested food. Later in the evening, she was gagging and choking on more of the rope trying to come up.

I hope everyone reads these stories and remember to always supervise pups with they have any toy no matter how safe you think it might be.
MaddiesMommie is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!