Thread: Please advise
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2011, 08:12 AM   #7
YorkieMom82
Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachael x View Post
The pup is not even 12 weeks old yet, he cant be expected to be house trained.
You probably wont see much progress until the pup is around 4-5 months old, yorkies are small dogs and their bladders are tiny. They cant hold it for long especially at that age.
When training Poppy my BF told me to rub her nose in it. I was horrified and told him if ANYONE was getting their nose rubbed in pee it wouldnt be HER.
So what I did was when I caught her peeing or pooping on the carpet I picked her up took her to the accident and held her close (NOT rubbing her nose in it) with her face a few cm's away so she knew what she was getting wrong for and told her NO then put her straight on the pad/outside.
Seen as your BF is home alone with your pup for 3 hours a day you need to tell him you are totally against him rubbing the pups face in the accident, and maybe suggest what I did and show the pup the accident before putting him on the pad.
Good luck!
I love the comment regrding rubbing the nose in it. I know he's just a puppy and thats what I'm trying to make my boyfriend understand. He never believed in animals in the house, so when we moved in together I already had Tocho, he has gotten used to Tocho, and even after a year and a half Tocho still has some accidents but only very little (we get busy and forget to take him out for a few hours), (he gives no sign when its time) So yes, he didn't grow up with animals in the house and I did, he is learning as much as the dogs are I guess. It's just Aiko is my baby and I don't want to see him mistreated.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!