Thread: Please advise
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2011, 07:50 AM   #1
YorkieMom82
Senior Yorkie Talker

Unhappy Please advise

I don't know what to do. My puppy is almost 12 weeks old, and I've had him for about a month. He is so precious, but he is a puppy and not trained yet. Everytime I let him out he squats, I only let him out when we can watch him very close so I usualy grab him immediatley and put him on his puppy pad but by then he has lost the urge.

My boyfriend and I have been together for 2 years, and live together. He believes the same way that my father and every man I know does, that if a dog uses the carpet you rub his nose in it and pop him on the butt, not hard just pop him. (he only uses 2 fingers since Aiko is so tiny).

I don't agree with that method. I mean I know it has worked for some, but now my puppy cringes when my boyfriend comes around, and I hate hearing the baby yelp. I don't agree with it.

He is home with Aiko for about 3 hours during the day while I"m at work, and doesn't always get him out but sometimes does. He just doesn't watch him as close as I do I don't think and sometime he does have accidents.

Any ideas on approaching this?
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!