View Single Post
Old 01-04-2011, 01:29 AM   #20
FlDebra
Donating YT 2000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisy2010 View Post
Umm her breeder is from Quebec Joy Mason Yorkies umm we didn't see Daisy's parents because it was all arranged by the children's wish foundation , her dogs are all up to standard though , Daisy was the runt of the litter so that maybe could be the color change ?
We all love her just the way she is .
Thanks for all the comments .
I haven't been on much lately due to my daughter being pretty sick most of the
fall.
Sorry to hear your daughter has been sick for so long. Hope she is doing better now. I think each yorkie is perfect in their own way. Daisy came via the Children's Wish Foundation -- what a wonderful wish come true. She is a cutie that is for sure! They can bring a lot of happiness and joy to a family! I don't know what I would do without mine.

Not sure if being the smallest would affect color. Color does seem to be a combination of genetics and hormones though. Sometimes breeding dogs that have been used quite a lot, fade more than normal, due to the hormone shifts of multiple whelps. If it is just a hormone situation I doubt it would wind up being passed along. If that hormone shift could cause fading, I suspect an early hormone imbalance could as well. If you notice anything else, you might ask the doc to run a hormone panel at Daisy's next annual check-up. Probably nothing at all amiss, but it is one explanation for color fading. I think there would be other signs if the hormones were so imbalanced, but ask the vet to be sure. I would not worry though, I have seen others fade out -- Daisy is just a pretty extreme example, as you thought when you posted the two pics. I don't know of any other breed that offers such surprises along the way with their color changes. Just another one of their sweet traits.

BTW I looked at Joy's website -- she does have some BEAUTIFUL yorkies! They look to be holding their color very well! If both Daisy's parents and other pups in the litter are holding that gorgeous steel blue, I might ask Joy what she thinks. Her experience could answer the question better.

Last edited by FlDebra; 01-04-2011 at 01:31 AM.
FlDebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!